Read the best blogs for and about veterans, soldiers and the military.
Official blog of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with wide variety of posters
- Vietnam War 50th Anniversary: NJ’s Huey Helicopter Plaza Inspires Personal Messages (Aug 21)
- Four ways a VA loan refinance can save existing homeowners money (Aug 20)
- VA dietitian: Why consider a vegetarian diet? (Aug 18)
- VA Presents Facts Omitted from Recent Article on Enrollment System (Aug 17)
- How many more? Veteran suicide and the 1, 2, Many Project Podcast (Aug 15)
Thoughts on the latest news and their personal experiences by two veterans and one person still on active duty
Thomas Ricks, former military writer for The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, blogs on foreign policy
- A letter to the West Point Class of 2014: No combat patch? That's no problem! (Aug 21)
- I think this is the fundamental problem in U.S. civil-military relations these days (Aug 20)
- One of the best military reading lists ever: Direct to you from the Australian army (Aug 19)
- 'The Square': A great political film (Aug 19)
- The top 10 lies Pakistani officials tell (Aug 18)
Mixture of national news, vets' stories and information about IAVA (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America)
News and reviews on the latest gear
- Bring Everything! Car Camping with GearScout. (Aug 19)
- Breaking: the Law Tactical Gen 3 AR Folding Stock Adapter; Exclusive first look (Aug 15)
- Army’s new PT uniform is Spinal Tap approved. (Aug 12)
- It’s all within range of SilencerCo and Novekse (Aug 11)
- HPG Kit Bags keep essentials and pistol discreetly front and center (Aug 8)
Views from behind the lens
- View of Oregon wildfires (Aug 18)
- Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene laid to rest at Arlington (Aug 15)
- Leap Frogs land on Wrigley Field (Aug 14)
- Remembering Robin (Aug 12)
- Mission in Iraq (Aug 11)
Owned by a 22-year retired Army first sergeant, primarily about operations in Afaghanistan and other military related topics.
Personal tales and useful information about jobs seeking for those transitioning out of the military
Kristle Helmuth is a 26 year-old Army veteran, wife of a wounded warrior, and mother of two children. She blogs about her personal experiences regarding her husbands injuries in Iraq, and their journey through healing.
Fog of War is where wounded combat veterans and loved ones share struggles and tell their stories. The blog aims to reduce the stigma associated with PTSD and other combat-related conditions and provide information on community resources.