Read the best blogs for and about veterans, soldiers and the military.
News and reviews on the latest gear
Views from behind the lens
Thoughts on the latest news and their personal experiences by two veterans and one person still on active duty
Thomas Ricks, former military writer for The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal, blogs on foreign policy
- Want a better U.S. military? First make it smaller -- because preparedness now is really about adaptiveness, not readiness (Dec 9)
- Tom, the odds for joint Israeli-Saudi airstrikes against Iran are about slim to none (Dec 9)
- We should make Nov. 1 a national holiday (Dec 9)
- Tom reviews 'The Cambridge History of War, Vol. IV: War and the Modern World,' and learns a whole bunch of new stuff (Dec 6)
- Quote of the day: General Trainor on the loneliness of today's new veterans (Dec 6)
Mixture of national news, vets' stories and information about IAVA (Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America)
Official blog of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with wide variety of posters
Personal tales and useful information about jobs seeking for those transitioning out of the military
Owned by a 22-year retired Army first sergeant, primarily about operations in Afaghanistan and other military related topics.
Kristle Helmuth is a 26 year-old Army veteran, wife of a wounded warrior, and mother of two children. She blogs about her personal experiences regarding her husbands injuries in Iraq, and their journey through healing.
Fog of War is where wounded combat veterans and loved ones share struggles and tell their stories. The blog aims to reduce the stigma associated with PTSD and other combat-related conditions and provide information on community resources.